Mobile App Development
Silicon Mind Digitizes your creativity
Silicon Mind can help your business grow, increase effectiveness and gain a competitive advantage in the market by Integrating our teams with yours, you can have access to top-notch developers and cutting-edge technologies & tools.
Mobile application development is the process of designing and building software for use on mobile devices. A mobile application can be pre-installed or downloaded from an app store or mobile web browser. The application must have a network connection to a remote server or computer, which is facilitated by an application programming interface (API).
Most mobile applications are developed for two main smartphone platforms—the Android operating system and Apple’s iOS. While Apple creates its iOS exclusively for its own iPhones and other mobile devices, Google develops the Android system so it can be used on devices other than its own.
Each of these platforms requires different software development kits (SDKs) and each uses different development tools. It is common for developers to develop mobile applications to be compatible with both Android and iOS.
Why choose Silicon Mind as a Mobile Application Development partner?
1. Diverse Set Of Cutting Edgen Mobile Application Development frameworks & tools.
From development to operations, we can help you streamline your processes and improve your efficiency. We have a team of experienced professionals who are well-versed in the latest technologies & tools and our services are designed to help you get the most out of your investment.
Design, develop, test and deploy Apple mobile applications using SWIFT native development language.
Use cross platform development languages like Flutter or React Native to develop, test and deploy iOS applications.
Design, develop, test and deploy Andriod mobile applications using Kotlin native development language.
Use cross platform development languages like Flutter or React Native to develop, test and deploy Android applications.
Silicon Mind Mobile App Development Process
Silicon Mind uses a mobile application development process that will revolutionize the way you approach software development.
Our integrated and controlled process flow allows for faster delivery of products, improved quality and accelerated engineering productivity.
The focus of the first step is to gather all the necessary information for the project. As a design team, we ask relevant questions to go deeper into the business needs. Carefully analyze your requirements, define the application's purpose and determine the goals of the mobile application.
Planning and strategy wireframing
Using the information gathered from phase one, it is time to put it together and make a detailed plan. At this point, a mobile map is developed. The map is the list of all main topic areas of the mobile application, including sub-topics, if applicable. This map will clarify what content will be on the app and will help to understand the navigational structure.
As a part of the design process, it is essential to carefully and tastefully apply such visual elements as the logo and brand colours, to strengthen the brand identity of the mobile application.
At this point, the design itself should be ready. But it is usually in the form of static images. It requires development to translate it into code and then to add a layer of animations depending on the complexity of the design.
When the content and the visuals are in place, the testing process can be started. Every page has to be tested to make sure that all links are working and the app is displayed correctly on different platforms.
Delivery and launch
Once we are given final approval from the client, it is time for the app to go live. But before that, the app should be run-through for the last time to confirm that all files have been uploaded correctly and that the app is fully functional.
Once the app is live, some regular maintenance is usually required. User testing can be run on new content and features over and over to improve the usability and discoverability of features. This all can lead to new design and development tasks.
Most frequent questions and answers
There are four major development approaches when building mobile applications
- Native Mobile Applications
- Cross-Platform Native Mobile Applications
- Hybrid Mobile Applications
- Progressive Web Applications
Each of these approaches for developing mobile applications has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. When choosing the right development approach for their projects, developers consider the desired user experience, the computing resources and native features required by the app, the development budget, time targets, and resources available to maintain the app.
A mobile app development roadmap is a plan of action created to help guide an organization through the process of adopting and implementing mobile apps. The roadmap should include objectives, strategies, and tactics to ensure successful adoption and implementation. It should also include timelines for completing each step in the process and resources needed to complete the project.
- Mobile applications are specifically created to be operated from mobile. In contrast, web applications are created with the purpose of the content and services being browsed by the user from any device via browsers.
- Mobile applications need to be installed from the app store, while web applications can be easily viewed from any browser and thus do not need to be installed.
- Mobile applications can be accessed even offline, and that’s not the case with web applications since browsers do not work without a proper internet connection.
- Mobile applications are faster to browse, while web applications may take a while to load.
- Mobile applications need to be approved by the app store. Since web applications are browsed through browsers, they do not require approval from the app store.
- Mobile applications have more sophisticated security, while web applications may not have that level of heightened security compared to mobile applications.
- Mobile apps need to be updated frequently. Web apps will take care of updates themselves.